[asdf-devel] never ending component relative pathnames [2]

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 20:43:54 UTC 2010

On 10 March 2010 09:41, james anderson <james.anderson at setf.de> wrote:

> ok. ? i don't put them in. or, i put them in and (as i need to
> anyway) add machinery to verify error cases?

Don't put them in, since we don't currently catch such non-portability.

>>> ? == add a :static-file as a sibling to the :file component
>>> ? == add combinations for variations in the component name
>>>
>> add :static-file as a sibling, and note that various things behave
>> differently, since :file always adds .lisp to a specified string
>> whereas :static-file never adds anything (and neither ever substract).
>
> i think i finally am not unclear about this.

Then don't bother for now. If the thing gets integrated in the ASDF test
suite I may extend it later.

>>> ? do not understand
>> We probably want to check that these work (at least on Unix):
>> "/foo/bar/baz.quux"
>
> still do not completely understand. i need a matrix

Will do, eventually. In what SEXP format?

> i have fabricated a mechanism to verify the results, but - while i am
> no longer completely unclear, i am not certain what the intended
> values are.
OK.

> especially since the two column regions are not independent and it's
> actually a 3-d table.
> plus the interaction because leaf component values are not
> independent of module and system values.
>
> the assertions in component-pathname-test.lisp were (and remain) just
> my best guesses.
>
> if one could fill out a table like this (yes, somehow n-dimensional)
> with a performance specification in each cell for which support is
> intended, i would be very happy.

Or cheat, and make all the results the same, varying the input as necessary
so that each combo is fulfiiled.

Alternatively, you could start extracting the current results from a
run of the code, then we could double check that all results are expected.

The problem with being a citizen of the world is
that you don't get to travelling abroad much.