[asdf-devel] ASDF 1.501

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Jan 27 16:26:23 UTC 2010

On 1/27/10 Jan 27 -10:09 AM, Faré wrote:
> Just telling that it failed isn't very useful, especially when others
> can't reproduce (painful with old SBCL, very expensive with ACL).
>
> Can you attach a full log of the failures? Does ACL work better with
> old version of the test suite? I remember that a lot of those tests
> were failing on clisp at least.

Understood --- I will try to gather some information and put this on
launchpad.

I will see about getting a less moldy copy of SBCL to test on.  So these
tests all pass for you?  If this is a 1.0.28 peculiarity, I'm inclined
to ignore it.

Query:  how does one attach a full log of the failures?  These shell
scripts are not particularly forthcoming about belching up a backtrace
or anything like that.  They just print out a list of failing tests and
exit.  I could show you the full trace of what is printed when ACL 8.1
fails, and although it's a little longer than what I emailed, nothing
additional looks in any way useful.

I will root around inside the tests.  It seems to me that for debugging
test failures, we should provide a mode where the QUIT-ON-ERROR function
does not, in fact, quit on error.

I note, BTW, that there's no support in run-tests.sh for 64-bit CCL,
lispworks, or ABCL.  OK, new launchpad ticket coming...

> PS: I see you were in Cambridge MA recently. Next time you are, contact me!

Will do.  I tried tweeting (I don't know a protocol for "tweeting" onto
IRC), but that seems... suboptimal....

Next time I want to synchronize with the user group, too!