[asdf-devel] ASDF 1.501

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Wed Jan 27 15:42:58 UTC 2010

On 1/27/10 Jan 27 -12:50 AM, Faré wrote:
> I've just released ASDF 1.501 in the official repository, now with all
> the source registry configuration that I previously discussed. It's
> currently documented in its own file README.source-registry, rather
> than in the general manual asdf.texinfo, as it should be. Patch
> welcome.
>
> Note that I bumped the version from 1.375 to 1.500 then 1.501. This to
> indicate that we're not using CVS anymore, that I've reached a
> milestone towards my goal of an "ASDF 2" that I could push as a
> replacement to ASDF. It passes the tests with SBCL. But the tests
> could be extended to do more.
>
> Next, comes a similar revamp of ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS configuration.
> Or maybe a wholesale replacement of ABL with something that's simpler
> and configured in a way similar to source-registry? What do YOU think?

I have an old copy of SBCL, 1.0.28, which I keep around (we pinned
ourselves to that revision for a project I was working on), and I tried
to run the test suite on this version of SBCL, 64-bit Mac.

The test suite failed, and here are the last several lines of the output:

; compilation unit finished
;   caught 2 STYLE-WARNING conditions
;   printed 1 note

; /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/asdf.fasl written
; compilation finished in 0:00:07.450
Testuite failed: ASDF compiled with warningsbash-3.2$

I thought that this might be a spurious failure having to do with being
too stringent about what constitutes an ASDF compilation failure, so I
tried to run the test suite again (figuring a compiled version of
asdf.lisp would now be available), but it failed identically.

Is this expected?  Should I ticket this?

I will report on ACL tests shortly.

Thanks,
Robert