[asdf-devel] ASDF 1.501

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 06:50:14 UTC 2010

I've just released ASDF 1.501 in the official repository, now with all
the source registry configuration that I previously discussed. It's
currently documented in its own file README.source-registry, rather
than in the general manual asdf.texinfo, as it should be. Patch
welcome.

Note that I bumped the version from 1.375 to 1.500 then 1.501. This to
indicate that we're not using CVS anymore, that I've reached a
milestone towards my goal of an "ASDF 2" that I could push as a
replacement to ASDF. It passes the tests with SBCL. But the tests
could be extended to do more.

Next, comes a similar revamp of ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS configuration.
Or maybe a wholesale replacement of ABL with something that's simpler
and configured in a way similar to source-registry? What do YOU think?

"If men are good, you don't need government; if men are evil or ambivalent,
you don't dare have one." — Robert LeFevre