[asdf-devel] possible clisp/win32 incompatibility

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Jan 24 20:40:18 UTC 2010

On 1/24/10 Jan 24 -2:32 PM, Daniel Herring wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to get ABLE running on mswin and hit multiple issues at once...
>
> For one, it appears the a recent version of ASDF broke compatibility with
> clisp on windows.  If *enable-asdf-binary-locations* is t, I get "invalid
> :directory (clisp-2.48...)"; if it is nil, ASDF is trying to load sources
> from the wrong location.
>
> This could be a configuration issue on my side, but it affects both clisp
> 2.48 and clisp 2.45, and this configuration works fine with ccl 1.3 and
> 1.4.  Both clisp versions work fine with the same configuration using a ~5
> month old version of ASDF...

Will you please explain the problem further?  Is it simply because
asdf-binary-locations wants to make directory names (with periods) that
cause windows to choke?

If so, I suggest you patch  implementation-specific-directory-name by
wrapping something around its output format statement that will
substitute either #\- or #\_ for #\.

If that's not it, I don't know what's wrong...  Got a backtrace for us?

cheers,