[asdf-devel] ASDF testing

David McClain dbm at refined-audiometrics.com
Sun Feb 28 00:02:21 UTC 2010

Ahhh... yes, in doing my manual test, I discovered that the submitted -eval argument needs to be a string.

Furthermore, when I modify your script with 'echo' so that I can examine what is being performed, here are the results:

;; Script as modified in the 4th line..

do_tests() {
  command=$1 eval=$2 fasl_ext=$3
  rm -f *.$fasl_ext ~/.cache/common-lisp/"`pwd`"/*.$fasl_ext || true
  ( cd .. && echo $command $eval "(load \"test/compile-asdf.lisp\")" )
  if [ $? -eq 0 ] ; then
    echo "Compiled OK"
    test_count=0

bash-3.2$ test/run-tests.sh lwm64

(load "test/compile-asdf.lisp")  <<---- AHA! Wrong!
Compiled OK
Testing: *.script
test/run-tests.sh: line 69: (load "*.script"): command not found
Using  , *.script failed

-#---------------------------------------
Using
Ran 1 tests:
  0 passing and 1 failing
failing test(s):  *.script
-#---------------------------------------

bash-3.2$

So $command, $eval, and $fasl_ext must not be getting set properly

On Feb 27, 2010, at 16:54 PM, David McClain wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I don't have a problem dealing with LW. But I want to have them work on things that are within their purview.
>
> The script problem is being reported by Bash, not LWM. The environment is Mac OS X 10.6.2 (Snow Leopard).
>
> I can invoke LWM from a command line just fine, including passing an initial SExpr for eval. Here is a direct example, performed in Emacs in Shell mode:
>
> bash-3.2$ lwm64 -siteinit - -init - -eval "(print :hello)"
> LispWorks(R): The Common Lisp Programming Environment
> Copyright (C) 1987-2009 LispWorks Ltd.  All rights reserved.
> Version 6.0.0
> Saved by dbmcclain as lwm64, at 27 Feb 2010 6:37
> User dbmcclain on RoadKill.local
>
> :HELLO
>
> CL-USER 1 >
>
> So the problem is one of the script in getting Bash to properly interpret the synthesized command.
>

> Dr. David McClain
> dbm at refined-audiometrics.com

Dr. David McClain
dbm at refined-audiometrics.com