[asdf-devel] ASDF testing

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sat Feb 27 23:30:50 UTC 2010

On 2/27/10 Feb 27 -5:13 PM, David McClain wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
>> E.g., in ACL, we start this up as something like
>>
>> alisp -e '(load "test/compile-asdf.lisp")'
>>
>> and for SBCL
>>
>> sbcl --eval '(load "test/compile-asdf.lisp")'
>>
>> Is there some equivalent to -e/--eval that works for lispworks?
>
> No, you have the correct form for LW also (-eval). The problem seems to be Bash, in not recognizing the quoted & parenthesized expression as a runtime argument to be passed to LWM.  THe -eval appears to be correct, even though it is nowhere documented. It is Bash who is complaining, not LWM.

Someone else will have to step up to the plate for this one.  I just
looked at run-tests.sh, and the command in question is wrapped in
single-quotes for bash's benefit, which should keep it from really
seeing the enclosed double-quoted strings and parentheses.

I'm still suspicious of that error string you sent out --- it really
looked like bash (or LW) thinking that your string should be interpreted
as a filename...

Question:  what's the surrounding environment?  Linux? MacOSX? Windows
with Cygwin?  Something else?

Would you consider emailing a lispworks patch for run-tests.sh?  If we
could apply it to the repo (i.e., even if it doesn't work on LW, if it
doesn't /break/ any of the other lisps), then people could rally round
to debug it.

HtH,