[asdf-devel] Changes to ASDF for LW6

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Fri Feb 26 16:52:42 UTC 2010

hmmm...

On 2010-02-26, at 17:42 , Robert Goldman wrote:

> On 2/26/10 Feb 26 -10:17 AM, james anderson wrote:
>> good evening;
>>
>> as an aside, in light of these changes.
>>
>> ? is there some reason that they are not coded to expand at compile
>> time into a second phase of operations in terms of strings.
>> that two-phase method gets the symbols out of the image earlier as
>> they're not needed in fasls. as a side-effect, #: idiom would not be
>> necessary.
>
> I suspect that this may be necessary in order to make this work on ACL
> in "modern," case-sensitive mode.  Using the symbol-name of an
> uninterned symbol is usually the way I code for portability across
> mlisp
> and other lisps.
>
> Note that you can't reliably just do this at compile-time, since
> you can
> toggle the case mode in ACL.

you mean, you actually build with one case mode and load into a lisp
which is runnign with another.
and the fasl loader adjust the symbol names?
i have used "modern" acl's but, yes, that order of pain never
occurred to me.

when life gets boring, does one toggle the case-mode of running
production systems?