[asdf-devel] Changes to ASDF for LW6

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Feb 26 16:42:28 UTC 2010

On 2/26/10 Feb 26 -10:17 AM, james anderson wrote:
> good evening;
>
> as an aside, in light of these changes.
>
> ? is there some reason that they are not coded to expand at compile
> time into a second phase of operations in terms of strings.
> that two-phase method gets the symbols out of the image earlier as
> they're not needed in fasls. as a side-effect, #: idiom would not be
> necessary.

I suspect that this may be necessary in order to make this work on ACL
in "modern," case-sensitive mode.  Using the symbol-name of an
uninterned symbol is usually the way I code for portability across mlisp
and other lisps.

Note that you can't reliably just do this at compile-time, since you can
toggle the case mode in ACL.

best,