[asdf-devel] default source registry...

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Mon Feb 22 20:41:52 UTC 2010

From: Faré <fahree at gmail.com>
> Should we base our search path on the XDG Base Directory Specification?
>  http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html
> To the point of actually using getenv to get these search paths?
>
> I say we should.
>
> The default configuration files should be
> $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/common-lisp/source-registry.conf
> $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/common-lisp/source-registry.conf.d/
>
> And the default search path should include
> $XDG_DATA_DIRS/common-lisp/systems/
> $XDG_DATA_DIRS/common-lisp/source//
>
> The default cache path should be under
> $XDG_CACHE_HOME/common-lisp/
>
> Unless anyone objects, I'll implement that behavior and commit something like
> ASDF 1.695.

What do we do about non-XDG-enabled platforms?

Some static set of per-platform defined subdirectories relative to whatever
(user-homedir-pathname) returns?

regards,
  Samium Gromoff
--
"Actually I made up the term 'object-oriented', and I can tell you I
did not have C++ in mind." - Alan Kay (OOPSLA 1997 Keynote)