[asdf-devel] Q on compiling ASDF

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Mon Feb 22 06:44:35 UTC 2010

Apparently the ASDF-binary-locations (now asdf-output-locations) code
originated from Slime.  In Slime, this code allowed a simple loader to put
incompatible fasls in separate paths.

Now that ABL (AOL) is a standard part of ASDF, what is the proper way to
bootstrap/write a
(load (compile-file "asdf.lisp"))
and have the fasls appear in implementation-specific directories?

I ask this in relation to Nick's problem on Lispworks.  Though I suspect a
few extra stack frames (close to the patch I reported for clisp) are to
blame for his immediate problem, in principle it would be good to always
load the compiled form.

Thanks,
Daniel