[asdf-devel] asdf 1.600

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 4 15:55:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still would recommend 1.601 as it is an "official" release (whatever
> that means) whereas 1.596 isn't.

Thanks. That is all I was asking for.

> Note that ECL passes tests, if only I tell the test suite to not worry
> about the warnings ECL issues while compiling asdf.lisp. It is
> probably a bug in ECL that it should issue these warnings: plenty of
> unused variable warnings for variables used while dispatching methods,
> warnings about an unused variables CLOS::.GENERIC-FUNCTION.SI::TEMP as
> introduced by ECL itself in some macro. Also annoying notes about
> .COMBINED-METHOD-ARGS. was undefined. Compiler assumes it is a global.
> Unknown type (VALUES &REST T)
> And one about ECL expecting two arguments from unintern.
> The problem with ignoring warnings from ECL is that, though I ignore
> bogus warnings now, I may be ignoring valid warnings tomorrow.

I was aware of some of those warnings (.combined-method-args.,
*next-method*), as reported by other users and now fixed in the upcoming
release, but not of others (temp?). In this case you should have immediately
reported that problem so that I look at it, which I will do before the next
release.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC