[asdf-devel] New test and windows

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Dec 27 15:11:52 UTC 2010

On 12/27/10 Dec 27 -7:45 AM, Thomas M. Hermann wrote:
> Robert,
>
> Just got a chance to look at the tests in LispWorks 6.0.1 on Win7. I
> couldn't use the 'run-tests.sh' script for obvious reasons. I tried to
> load 'run-shell-command-test.script' by hand but ran into an issue with
> not cwd. I wrapped the load command with a LET binding for the cwd and
> then ran into an issue with finding the temporary ASDF FASL.
>
> I did a little perusing of the tests and noticed that 'test1.script',
> for example, is specific to Unix/Posix/Linux/etc systems. So, my
> impression is that the tests are fundamentally not usable on Windows at
> the moment. It appears that there is a fair amount of work required to
> update the tests so that they are not Unix/Posix/Linux/etc specific. I
> have some motivation to improve Windows support for ASDF because I have
> come to rely on it quite a bit, so I'll start working through the tests
> as time allows and see if I can get things rolling.

If you can get any of the tests running on windows, it might be helpful
to distinguish between those that do and don't work.

I suppose this would require adding a batch script paralleling
run-tests.sh.  If you were to do that, you could push something onto
*features* to indicate windowsness.  Currently, we have to try all the
possible features, since there's no implementation-independent way to
indicate OS.

cheers,