[asdf-devel] New test and windows

Thomas M. Hermann thomas.m.hermann at odonata-research.com
Mon Dec 27 13:45:56 UTC 2010

Robert,

Just got a chance to look at the tests in LispWorks 6.0.1 on Win7. I
couldn't use the 'run-tests.sh' script for obvious reasons. I tried to load
'run-shell-command-test.script' by hand but ran into an issue with loading
'script-support.lisp' because *DEFAULT-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS* was not cwd. I
wrapped the load command with a LET binding for the cwd and then ran into an
issue with finding the temporary ASDF FASL.

I did a little perusing of the tests and noticed that 'test1.script', for
example, is specific to Unix/Posix/Linux/etc systems. So, my impression is
that the tests are fundamentally not usable on Windows at the moment. It
appears that there is a fair amount of work required to update the tests so
that they are not Unix/Posix/Linux/etc specific. I have some motivation to
improve Windows support for ASDF because I have come to rely on it quite a
bit, so I'll start working through the tests as time allows and see if I can
get things rolling.

Happy New Year,

~ Tom
Thomas M. Hermann