[asdf-devel] Last call before code freeze

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Fri Apr 30 04:54:03 UTC 2010

Sorry. I seem to have been unclear. I was not arguing for holding up
the release for the optimal solution to this problem.

I was just arguing that we should withhold the partial solution
(system-depends) so that people don't get wedded to it, in case it's
not the Right Thing.

We could withhold support for the new feature simply by not parsing
those arguments, and leave in support so that we could experiment in v
2.1+.

This will be my last word on the subject. I've laid out reasons why I
believe it would be better to postpone judgment on this past 2.0
release. But this is Fare's call, not mine, and I respect his judgment

Best,