[asdf-devel] Last call before code freeze

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Fri Apr 30 04:06:58 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, Robert Goldman wrote:

> That suggests that the current approach, which is:
>
> read it all once
> process the system-depends-on
> process the other initargs
>
> won't get at the root of the system dependency problem. What we need
> instead is something like
>
> slurp it without reading
> process the system-depends-on
> /then/ expose it to the reader (if we so choose).
>
> I'd like to give this some thought before we lock ourselves into the
> first approach with as yet unconsidered problems of backward
> compatibility moving to the second.

That change looks complicated.  I would not recommend delaying the release
for it to be made.

Unless you think a lot of projects will jump on this broken feature, I
don't see an issue with backward compatibility in the future.  Hence my
belief that proper documentation and maybe a style-warning should be
sufficient.

Later,
Daniel