[asdf-devel] new asdf does not like matlisp.asd

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun Apr 11 19:03:54 UTC 2010

On 4/11/10 Apr 11 -12:45 PM, Mario S. Mommer wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>
> writes:
>> Do you think you could publish a version of this that is loadable on ACL?
>>
>> The current version has sb-alien:: package hard-coded into the .asd file....
>
> the only line wehere sb-alien is used is on line 102 of
> matlispbug.asd. If you comment out that line (and close parentheses
> appropriately) and it should "work" everywhere. Up to stuff in the
> actual files to be loaded.

Tried this, putting #+sbcl in front of the sb-alien call and #+allegro
(load ...) in, since ACL docs say to load .so files with LOAD.

This crashes for me for a reason we discussed earlier --- ASDF tries to
find the .so file in the cache created by asdf-output-translations,
rather than where-ever it should be....

This may be my fault for using ACL/problem with the fortran compilation.
 With ACL, because of the punitive pricing on 64-bit versions, you can't
count on the user having a 64-bit lisp on his/her 64-bit OS.  So on ACL
at least (possibly other lisps, as well?) need to ask the lisp if it's
32 or 64-bit and then compile the fortran accordingly.  Is that right?

I'm old, but not old enough ever to have used fortran ;-)