[asdf-devel] Two questions

Nick Levine ndl at ravenbrook.com
Wed Sep 30 10:04:00 UTC 2009

1. Problems with the :feature feature.

(asdf:defsystem foo
  :components ((:file "pkg")
               (:file "code")
               (:file "foo" :depends-on ((:feature :frob)))))

If :frob is not on *features*, load-system gives me:

  Error: Bad dependency (FEATURE FROB).  Dependencies must be
  (:version <version>), (:feature <feature>), or a name

If :frob is a *feature* I get a different error:

  Error: Error component :FROB not found, required by #<CL-SOURCE-FILE
  "foo" #x8B7A3E6>

Did I misunderstand something?

2. Suppose I would like some code to run at compile-time / load-time
to determine where the fasls should live (e.g. hypothetically, in a
subdirectory named after a timestamp, or according to what patches I
have loaded). How do I express this?

(I'm using version 1.363)

Thanks.

- nick