[asdf-devel] Patch to asdf:run-shell-command

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sun May 17 20:28:56 UTC 2009

Quick follow up to the last patch.  Commparing the definitions for ACL
and SBCL, I'm wondering if the ACL version is guaranteed to do what is
desired.  In particular, I see that the SBCL version is careful to get a
Bourne-compatible shell, per the docstring.  But the ACL string doesn't
say anything about how the shell is chosen.  For example, as an
unreconstructed old guy, I use the tcsh.  If I was to run this under
ACL, would I get tcsh behavior instead of what the docstring dictates?

I've never run into trouble, because I've never done anything that
really uses the shell in excl:run-shell-command.

Best,