[asdf-devel] ASDF 1.351 (and git confusion).

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Tue Jun 9 12:01:08 UTC 2009

> By tradition, git repositories take one of two forms.

--snip--

> Looking at asdf, I see
>
> public_html/
>   asdf.git/
>     internal-git-files...
>   checked-out-files...
>   non-git-files...

The goal is / was to have asdf.git be a bare git repo (in fact, I
thought it was!). The files in public_html aren't really "checked
out", they are rsynced there as part of the generated website. Aside
from having the same names, is there a reason to think that they are
checked out? So I think what I want things to look like is

public_html/
	asdf.git						 a bare repo
		(internal files)
	other files for the website

> Thus when asdf.git/hooks/post-update runs (see below), it fails
> since many
> git operations cannot find the git repository.  If you edit
> asdf.git/config to say "bare = true", then this problem should be
> resolved.  You may also want to manually delete the checked out
> files from
> public_html.

thanks for this information.

--