[asdf-devel] ASDF:LOAD-SYS

Gary King gwking at metabang.com
Mon Jun 1 20:00:44 UTC 2009

Hi Svante,

(Sorry for the slow response... sending to the ASDF list too)

I sympathize with your question: "the most common thing to do with
ASDF, why do we make that harder than necessary?" I believe that the
answer would have been that ASDF is philosophically based on
performing "operations" on "systems" and so it was better (in some,
perhaps, Platonic sense) <smile>.

I actually agree with you and think that we should add something like

	(load-op <system> &key ...)

to ASDF public interface.

If there isn't a lot of disagreement, I'll do that soon.

thanks for you question,

On May 22, 2009, at 6:14 PM, Svante Carl v. Erichsen wrote:

--
Gary Warren King, metabang.com
Cell: (413) 559 8738