[asdf-devel] Please test: merged ECL support, created asdf.asd

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:34:45 UTC 2009

OK for not supporting too an upgrade of an ASDF that is too old, only
supporting an upgrade going forward. To me that means that we should
try very hard to get upgradability (and configurability) right, then
try to push for a "simultaneous" distribution of the upgradable ASDF
to all implementations, and then declare future such distributions not
necessary anymore.

However I'd still like to try one more time to get upgradability
working for an older ECL, for not only is it a good exercise in
preparation for the future, in addition to a minor feature -- if we
can debug it for ECL, that might probably help with other
implementations, too.

ECL-specific notes (please follow up only to the ECL list for these
issues): when I run from the command-line, I get a debugger, but no
debugging information for the frames above the ASDF invocation. So
yes, maybe the solution is to re-compile asdf.fas with debugging
information. How do I do that?

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
        -- Dale Carnegie