ABCL Docker Images

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:40:59 UTC 2020

Thanks for starting this. It would be a great contribution.

Something I've wanted for a very long time is to have a checkpoint/resume
for ABCL - would function like save-world in other lisps. Doing this would
make it practical to build tools which use lots of code, such as my own,
start up quickly and become practical for script usage. Docker allegedly
has some support for this but I've never seen it work on MacOS. If this is
something you have any awareness of how to do I'd love to see that
integrated into an ABCL docker image.

Could you say a few words about the image OS environment and your
considerations when choosing it, and a bit on how to understand the tags?

Thanks,
Alan