Create instance of generic class at runtime, supplying specializer?

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 07:04:55 UTC 2020

Oh, the class is abstract, so you're meant to provide A by subclassing it,
not by instantiating. In that case, the value of A *is* retained at runtime
and is available for reflection, even if method signatures are still erased
to Object.
In ABCL there used to be some runtime-class machinery that was just a
sketch... I don't know if it's still there and has enough plumbing to allow
you to subclass a generic class providing type specifiers.