Create instance of generic class at runtime, supplying specializer?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Jul 20 16:48:20 UTC 2020

> On Jul 16, 2020, at 04:30, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> For instance in
>
> http://owlcs.github.io/owlapi/apidocs_4/org/semanticweb/owlapi/util/InferredObjectPropertyAxiomGenerator.html
>
> It says:
> Type Parameters:
> A - the axiom type
> Question is: how do I supply the axiom type when creating an instance.

Can you point me to some code that does the setup?  Somewhere in lsw2?

Alessio is correct that the compiler erases types, but I have sucessfully
created instances that switch such methods over the years working on reasoners,
so I should be able to get this to work for you.  Unfortunately the margin is
too small to contain a proof of this statement without further annotation…

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."