Failed assertion about JVM:OFFSET trying to load something

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 18:10:18 UTC 2020

Thanks a lot, Mark. I'm working w/ a recently updated Git sandbox with
some minor unrelated changes. I'm working on macOS, with ABCL 1.7.0
installed via Homebrew.

I got to the reported state via these steps more or less:

$ cd maxima-code # top level directory
$ abcl
(load "configure.lisp")
(configure) ;; answer questions here
(quit)
$ cd src
$ abcl
(load "maxima-build.lisp") ;; use defsystem. ASDF fails, I didn't investigate
(maxima-compile)
(quit)
$ abcl
(load "maxima-build.lisp") ;; yeah, Maxima has a nutty build system. Oh well
(maxima-load)
(run)

At this point you should have a Maxima prompt and you can issue

:lisp (load "../share/odepack/load-dlsode.lisp")

as shown before.

ODEPACK is translated automatically from Fortran (via f2cl), so it is
probably idiosyncratic Lisp, and might contain large functions.

You made a login for me for Trac on abcl.org, but my login doesn't
seem to be recognized (it wasn't then and it isn't now). Not a
problem, I'm happy to just post this to the mailing list.

Thanks for your help,

Robert Dodier