Failed assertion about JVM:OFFSET trying to load something

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Dec 23 11:47:00 UTC 2020

> On Dec 23, 2020, at 02:12, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I know it may be hard to see what's going on but, I'm trying to load a
> lisp file into Maxima compiled with ABCL, and I get the error shown
> below: The assertion (<= -32768 JVM::OFFSET 32767) failed.
>
> I've also included a stack trace if that helps.
>
> I can supply more info if you tell me what to look for.
>
> Thanks so much for your help,
>
> Robert Dodier
>
> PS. This is in a Maxima session after compiling and launching Maxima.
>
> (%i1) :lisp (load "../share/odepack/load-dlsode.lisp")
>
> ; (IN-PACKAGE "ODEPACK")
>
> ; (LET (# # ...) ...)
>
> Error loading /Users/dodier/tmp/maxima-code/share/odepack/load-dlsode.lisp
> at line 25 (offset 770)
>
> #<THREAD "interpreter" {19E01A93}>: Debugger invoked on condition of
> type SIMPLE-ERROR
>
>  The assertion (<= -32768 JVM::OFFSET 32767) failed.

Thanks for the report; filed as [483][].

Any special instructions on how to replicate this?

What network accessible URI corresonds to the source under <file:/Users/dodier/tmp/maxima-code/>?  Just the standard maxima source?

[483]: <https://abcl.org/trac/ticket/483>

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."