How to call System.getProperty("user.home") from ABCL

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Jun 20 07:00:58 UTC 2017

On 6/17/17 10:12, Marco Antoniotti wrote:
> Well.  Looks like a bug in ABCL USER-HOMEDIR-PATHNAME to me.

ABCL's [USER-HOMEDIR-PATHNAME][1] quite clearly directly uses the value
of 'user.home' Java system property.

[1]:
https://gitlab.common-lisp.net/abcl/abcl/blob/master/src/org/armedbear/lisp/Pathname.java#L1572

>From [Section 2.2 of the manual][manual]:

The user’s home directory is determined by the value of the JVM system
property 'user.home'. This value may or may not correspond to the value
of the HOME system environment variable, at the discretion of the JVM
implementation that ABCL finds itself hosted upon.

[manual]: http://www.abcl.org/releases/1.5.0/abcl-1.5.0.pdf

I don't see that the current behavior is a bug in ABCL, but rather the
result of the JVM implementation that you are running.

If y'all see this is a bug, how would you have us "fix" it?