publish system::expand-deftype ?

Massimiliano Ghilardi massimiliano.ghilardi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 19:35:00 UTC 2016

Hello,

for my library https://github.com/cosmos72/cl-parametric-types
I need the function introspect-environment:typexpand, which expands
DEFTYPE'd types, similarly to what CL:MACROEXPAND does for macros.

Even though introspect-environment does not support ABCL,
I found that system::expand-deftype does exactly what I need,
yet I am wary of using a non-exported symbol from ABCL.

Is system::expand-deftype stable enough to be published as an ABCL extension
to ANSI CL and to be used to implement introspect-environment:typexpand ?

Regards,

Massimiliano