run-program patch / better UIOP support

Olof-Joachim Frahm olof at macrolet.net
Tue Aug 30 18:51:07 UTC 2016

Hi again,

after Elias mentioned his work on UIOP I've produced a small patch that
improves compatibility with regards to process spawning quite a bit, see
attached (or from [1]).  Missing is the option to pass in custom streams
(which some other implementations support), as that's quite a bit more
work with the `ProcessBuilder` interface and would require shuffling
data back and forth in a separate thread perhaps.

For Windows compatibility (for `process-pid`) I'm a bit stumped how
that'd work with standard Java, thus it's currently unsupported.

Best regards,
Olof

[1]: https://github.com/Ferada/abcl/tree/run-more-programs