Licensing Issues

Hamda Binte Ajmal hamda.binte.ajmal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 13:41:37 UTC 2015

Mark Evenson <evenson at ...> writes:

> Thank you for your response.
One more thing I would like to ask is that, I am using ABCL in a java
project that is GNU GPL licensed.
ABCL is not modified, just used as a library, and for executing lisp
commands from Java project
Such that
        JAVA PROJECT (GNU GPL) -> ABCL (GNU with classpath exception) ->
Lisp code

Now my question is, would the GNU GPL license of Java project enforce
GNU GPL on ABCL too which can enforce GNU GPL on my lisp code ?

> > On Jun 30, 2015, at 12:20, Hamda Binte Ajmal
> <hamda.binte.ajmal at ...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I am using ABCL to run lisp files in my Java code.
> > ABCL is covered by the GNU General Public License with Classpath
> > exception, meaning that you can use ABCL in your application without
the
> > requirement to open the sources to your application. So, I conclude
the
> > GNU GPL is not going to effect the license of my Java Code,
> >
> > BUT, what about the lisp code I load using ABCL? Would it have to be
> > released under GNU GPL ?
>
> No, Lisp code running on ABCL does not need to be released under the
GPL.  The