Bug in path handling on 1.3.2

Ville Voutilainen ville.voutilainen at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:43:21 UTC 2015

On 29 April 2015 at 23:23, Timo Myyrä <timo.myyra at wickedbsd.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just tried to update ABCL to 1.3.2 but got error when I tried to load
> hunchentoot. The actual error case can reduced to this:
>
> (DIRECTORY #P"/usr/local/bin/../lib/maven-core-*.jar")
>
> I tried above with sbcl, ecl and clisp. All those return nil as result.
> With ABCL I get:
> Bad place for a wild pathname.
>    [Condition of type FILE-ERROR]

Ok, the diagnostic is overly-strict, because the NAME component should
be interpreted
as a string, as it's not a wildcard component. But, I trust you are
aware that an ANSI
Common Lisp implementation doesn't necessarily support wildcard-globbing of
files? SBCL does, so perhaps we should add such an extension to abcl as well.