[Armedbear-devel] How to load compiled Lisp stuff from a jar

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 01:24:07 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-15, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:

> All of this should be handled with the [ASDF-JAR contrib][], but when
> I went to test, it seems [that the basic functionality of packaging
> is now broken on trunk][376].

Thanks, Mark. I took a look at asdf-jar and after messing around with
asdf path configuration, I was able to load it, and evaluate

  (asdf-jar:package :maxima)

which ensures that all the files are compiled (so far, so good) but
then fails with: Unsupported directory component "maxima".

A backtrace seems to show that it was trying to build the jar:

  0: (SYSTEM:BACKTRACE)
  1: (INVOKE-DEBUGGER #<FILE-ERROR {1FA0B27}>)
  2: org.armedbear.lisp.Lisp.error(Lisp.java:382)
  3: org.armedbear.lisp.Pathname.getDirectoryNamestring(Pathname.java:808)
  4: org.armedbear.lisp.Pathname.getNamestring(Pathname.java:700)
  5: org.armedbear.lisp.zip.execute(zip.java:220)
  6: org.armedbear.lisp.zip.execute(zip.java:68)
  7: org.armedbear.lisp.Symbol.execute(Symbol.java:814)

Any advice on what might be going on here?

By the way, I am working with version 1.3.1 and I didn't run into
the bug which you mentioned.

best,

Robert Dodier