[Armedbear-devel] How to load compiled Lisp stuff from a jar

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sat Nov 15 16:56:43 UTC 2014

> On Nov 15, 2014, at 07:34, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I think maybe this topic has been covered before but
> I wonder what's the state of the art. I want to have a Java
> program load a compiled Lisp program contained in a jar
> so that I can then call functions in the Lisp code.
>
> For the record, the program in question is Maxima.
> Calling Lisp functions worked fine when the compiled code
> was unpacked (i.e. just in a directory) but I seem to recall
> it is not simply a matter of packing it into a jar.
> Or is it? Thanks for any advice.

All of this should be handled with the [ASDF-JAR contrib][], but when I went to test, it seems [that the basic functionality of packaging is now broken on trunk][376].

I thought I remembered that there were problems with loading FASLs with jar files, but the docstrings seem to indicate that it would work.

In any case, I will try to figure out how to address [376][] on trunk as I have time.

[asdf-jar]: http://abcl.org/trac/browser/trunk/abcl/contrib/asdf-jar/README.markdown

[376]: http://abcl.org/trac/ticket/376

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."