[Armedbear-devel] How to load compiled Lisp stuff from a jar

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Nov 19 21:02:34 UTC 2014

> On Nov 19, 2014, at 21:00, Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> Some time ago, I created infrastructure to be used by ASDF to compile an ASD definition file's resulting FASLs into a single artifact. Things like #.(read-some-file) in the ASD definition will work as well. If there are load-time or runtime forms referring to the original source tree, they won't, because the link to the source tree gets severed.
>
> Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the ASDF transform I implemented this for. What I do remember is that the resulting fasl can be loaded with a simple LOAD command, so ASDF won't be needed in the resulting image.

I believe that you are thinking of ASDF:BUNDLE-SYSTEM.

I’m not sure if this is still working, or at least it could stand to give clearer output if it is:

CL-USER> (setf asdf:*verbose-out*  t)
CL-USER> (asdf:bundle-system :cl-ppcre)
#<ASDF/BUNDLE:DELIVER-ASD-OP >
#<ASDF/PLAN:SEQUENTIAL-PLAN {364EDC84}>
CL-USER>

as I’m not sure where the monolithic FASL should be located, or what it should be called.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."