[Armedbear-devel] How to load compiled Lisp stuff from a jar

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed Nov 26 08:07:40 UTC 2014

> On 25 Nov 2014, at 23:47, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
>
> If the problem is the use of reader macros foiling introspection by
> ASDF-JAR, then probably Fare's addition of :FEATURE to the ASDF system
> definition language is just what you need.

My problem is more basic:  how do I create a monolithic FASL?  Where does it
get created?  There seems to be no documentation on this in the ASDF manual,
and I haven’t had time to go through the mailing list and source to figure
things out.

Section 13.2.12 of the ASDF manual mentions the obsolescence of associated symbols,
but I don’t know how to use the symbols in the first place.

From looking at the ASDF source, my first guess at what I would execute to
bundle a system, ASDF:BUNDLE-SYSTEM,  seems marked as deprecated.

In lieu of better documentation, can somebody point me to an ASDF system that
putatively uses this machinery that I may study and learn from?

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."