[Armedbear-devel] Java issues with 1.3.0 on OpenBSD

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Sun Apr 27 07:55:53 UTC 2014

On 27 Apr 2014, at 08:47, Timo Myyrä <timo.myyra at wickedbsd.net> wrote:

> Ha, found the problem here... and before getting my first cup of morning coffee.
> The problem is in the contrib/abcl-asdf/maven-embedder.lisp.
> The maven library path is wrong so abcl won't find maven libraries.
> OpenBSD port of maven installs itself under /usr/local/maven.
> I've made simple patch for testing and with it loading of hunchentoot worked
> fine.
>
> $OpenBSD$
> fix maven lib location for openbsd

I’ve patched [ABCL trunk with a slightly more involved version of your
patch][1].  I *think* you could have gotten away with setting the
ABCL-ASDF:*MVN-LIBS-DIRECTORY* before the initialization routine ABCL-ASDF:INIT
was run, but admit that such a step is certainly not clear from the current
state of the documentation.

I removed the explicit conditionalization on OpenBSD to check
this path, as it might well be the case for other OS choices.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you for some reason, and thanks for
your patch.

[1]: http://abcl.org/trac/changeset/14696

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."