[armedbear-devel] preparing to test ABCL trunk

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Sat Mar 16 22:40:18 UTC 2013

Today Erik configured for me a VM on his server, where I can run cl-test-grid tests.

We were trying the recent ABCL trunk (1.2.0-dev-svn-14436) on the very very recent
quicklisp 2013-03-12, which includes long awaited releases for closer-mop and cffi
with ABCL patches.

Some notes I collected:

1. New CFFI tries to (require :jss) and fails, because (require :abcl-contrib) hasn't been done.
    If we do (require :abcl-contrib) then CFFI loads.
2. But when we test actual work, for example by doing
      (ql:quickload :drakma) (drakma:http-request "https://google.com/") it fails with strange
   error "UNDEFINED-FUNCTION is called". On SBCL these calls work.
3. (ql:quickload "cl-l10n") fails with ArrayIndexOutOfBounds - may be an ABCL bug.

Aside from this, closer-mop seems working (at leas compilation of dependent library
"access" doesn't fail anymore).

Mark, If you want to quickly reproduce the above problems, you can access
the server at cl-test-grid.cloud.efficito.com. Username - testgrid.
Erik have added your ssh public key from common-lisp.net to that server.

To start ABCL you can use

   rlwrap java -jar ~/lisps/abcl/dist/abcl.jar
   (ql:quickload :cl-l10n) =>  ERROR: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0

Before starting cl-test-grid tests, I would like to understand, should
cl-test-grid always pass --eval "(require :abcl-contrib)" parameter to ABCL
when starting it to run a test?

Previously cl-test-grid only tested pure ABCL, without contribs.

Feedback on this question is very welcome.

Best regards,
- Anton