[armedbear-devel] Gray streams aren't streams

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Mar 12 13:26:07 UTC 2013

On 2/18/13 1122 , Mark Evenson wrote:

> On Feb 18, 2013, at 9:34 AM, Rudolf Schlatte <rudi at constantly.at> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 18, 2013, at 05:15, "James M. Lawrence" <llmjjmll at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> ...they're just grays :)
>>>
>>> (require :gray-streams)
>>> (subtypep 'gray-streams:fundamental-stream 'stream)
>>> ;; => NIL, T
>>>
>>> This doesn't matter for flexi-streams and other libs, but cl-store has
>>> a few DECLAREs. I don't know exactly when a type declaration is an
>>> assertion in ABCL, but at least it is for a stream with nonzero safety.
>

> This is a long-standing architectural issue that we are finally
[…]

It turned out that we weren't finalizing the inheritance of the classes
we defined in GRAY-STREAMS.  We [are now][r14435].

We still have problems with interactions between GRAY-STREAMS derived
streams and the pretty printer, but this is not one of them.

[r14435]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/14435