[armedbear-devel] Re: cl-test-grid: Testing ABCL-1.2.0-RC

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 17:03:17 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Zach Beane <xach at xach.com> wrote:
> Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> writes:
>> Actually this probably depends on the ASDF version shipped with SBCL, as Xach
>> evaluates all new library versions using SBCL before including them into Quicklisp.
>
> A number of projects that build only with ASDF3 features (xcvb,
> exscribe, inferior-shell, perhaps more) are unlikely to be in the next
> update of the Quicklisp dist.

I just released an XCVB 0.603 that actually works with ASDF 3
(previously, I had only fixed XCVB to compile with it). It I had to
patch some previous untested parts of ASDF, so it requires 3.0.1.7.

Inferior-shell *should* be able to compile with ASDF 2.
If not, it's a bug. Meh: not as easy for me to test as I'd like.

XCVB, exscribe, will probably not be missed by anyone.

The big missing library that depends on ASDF 3 will probably be iolib.

Hopefully, SBCL updates its ASDF soon, and Quicklisp soon thereafter.
It certainly took some time, but the issues have been mostly kinked out.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not.
        — Thomas Jefferson