[armedbear-devel] Pdfdoclet - Javadoc for ABCL in PDF format

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Tue Jul 23 22:10:09 UTC 2013

On 7/23/13 11:34 PM, Sean Champ wrote:
[…]
> Personally and primarily, I've been interested in the possibility of
> developing an ABCL interface onto Apache Jena, and possibly an interface
> onto some JARs distributed by the GeoTools project - would like to
> develop a process of transforming an ESRI Shapefile into an OWL
> ontology, and it seemed  that ABCL would be a good Common Lisp
> implementation to use for such a purpose.

See [jeannie][] for an initial wrapping of Jena with ABCL.  It doesn't
do much more than read RDF from a PATHNAME, but adding the rest is a
matter of rolling up the proverbial sleeves.

[jeannie]:  http://bitbucket.org/easye/jeannie

[…]

> In looking at that idea, I'd been interested about how the CLOS support
> is implemented in ABCL, and whether and how MOP might be implemented,
> there.

As much of CLOS/MOP as possible has been implemented in Lisp: see
clos.lisp.  CLOS is mostly historical, evolving in fits and starts over
the lifetime of ABCL.  The MOP has been added mostly of the last year by
Rudi Schlatte.  Following his commits chronologically would give
somewhat of an impression of how it is implemented.

[…]

> (On a personal note:
> Between moving and returning to college, it's been a busy summer,
> frankly, but there are some bluesky ideas that one can focus on, I suppose)

No sweat:  we should still be here when you get some time.