[armedbear-devel] Seamless ABCL / Java integration proposal

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 17:52:14 UTC 2013

On Sun, Feb 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
> On 2/17/13 1:53 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> […]
>> The only thing that has stumped me is how to dynamically add native
>> libraries - it would be great if you or someone Else could figure out a
>> way to let that happen. Also I think there's one remaining bug with
>> method look up that we've reported that I don't think is addressed yet.
>
> Depending on what you mean by dynamic, [CFFI][] uses JNA, possibly
> code.  The version git is a little more advanced than the one currently
> distributed with Quicklisp.  Most of the the outstanding problems
> involving correctly converting Lisp values when utilizing callbacks.
> What else would you like to have here?

I mean code that is loaded by System.loadLibrary, in which the name of
the library is given, but it is looked up on some path. It is
documented that you could set java.library.path at launch time, but I
don't see any way to modify it at run time. I want an analogous
situation as with dynamic classpath. Sorry I wasn't clear.