[armedbear-devel] Futile attempt at using Akka

ubikation _ ubikation at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 19:29:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have been playing around with Common Lisp for a while and I really want
to get this idea working.

I have been reading a lot about Akka, but I'm not really a
Java/Scala/distributed guy. To my understanding, Akka is an agnostic way to
create Actors that can send messages at varying speeds, speeding up with
the available memory and cores and easily extending itself for distributed
communication via remote Actors.
I'm not an expert by any means, so feel free to correct me on the
description.

I would like to create bindings to this example
http://doc.akka.io/docs/akka/2.1.2/java/untyped-actors.html and it was
suggested to me that I might use "java:jnew-runtime-class" by the very nice
ehu on #abcl.

My repository is at https://github.com/ubikation/chemicalambda if anyone is
interested in my progress or wants a better idea of where I am (not really
beyond starting the project at the moment).

At the minimum I would like to create bindings, but I would like to do
something more interesting after I get some stuff working.

I do not know what I am doing at all, but I am hoping that creating these
bindings will help solidify my understanding of Common Lisp and of ABCL in
particular.

Thanks again!