[armedbear-devel] cffi requires maven

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Oct 12 12:38:31 UTC 2012

On 10/12/12 2:10 PM, Mark Evenson wrote:
> On 10/12/12 1:18 PM, Anton Vodonosov wrote:
>> In ABCL CFFI requires maven.
>
> Correct.  Ideally we'd like to outsource the meaning of further binary
> artifacts away from the core 8Mib abcl.jar.
>
>> What I think is inconvenient is that maven is tried even if jna.jar is
>> in classpath.
>> IMHO it would be to not require maven installed if JNA is available.
>>

> Agreed.  There's an example of introspecting the java CLASSPATH in the
> code for loading ABCL-CONTRIB which I just have to clone and adopt.
> Unless someone beats me too it…

[…]

A speculative implementation of your proposal has been committed.

I *think* I have [implemented your suggestion correctly on trunk][1].
Please let me know if *this* doesn't work.

[1]: http://goo.gl/XZ24Q

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare it to now."