[armedbear-devel] cffi requires maven

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Oct 12 12:10:55 UTC 2012

On 10/12/12 1:18 PM, Anton Vodonosov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> In ABCL CFFI requires maven.

Correct.  Ideally we'd like to outsource the meaning of further binary
artifacts away from the core 8Mib abcl.jar.

> What I think is inconvenient is that maven is tried even if jna.jar is in classpath.
> IMHO it would be to not require maven installed if JNA is available.

Agreed.  There's an example of introspecting the java CLASSPATH in the
code for loading ABCL-CONTRIB which I just have to clone and adopt.
Unless someone beats me too it…

Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

> BTW, I think it's probably makes sense to ship jna.jar together with official ABCL release.

We will provide the ability to download these artifacts yourself with an
interactive restart in abcl-1.1.0, as you have to ensure that your local
licensing terms apply.  Me?  I'm a BSD guy living in penguin land…

[r14187]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/changeset/14187

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare it to now."