[armedbear-devel] abcl-1.1.0 release status

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Mon Nov 26 17:05:43 UTC 2012

On 11/26/12 3:46 PM, Rudolf Schlatte wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2012, at 15:11, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:
>
>> Overall, I think we are more-or-less ready to release the long
>> awaited abcl-1.1.0 with the exception of resolving the outstanding
>> ANSI regression failures.
>
> Hooray!
>
> [...]
>
>> Additionally, we should probably check the Novemeber Quicklisp test
>> reports to see if anything has been broken.  I seem to see a problem
>> with Hunchentoot under SLIME regarding the PATHNAME reader, but
>> this may be something local to me.
>
> FWIW, (ql:quickload :hunchentoot) on os x 10.8.2 fails because the pre-installed maven on that system is version 3.0.3:
>
> Error loading /Users/rudi/Library/Caches/common-lisp/abcl-1.1.0-dev-fasl39-macosx-java/Users/rudi/Library/quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/cffi_0.10.7.1/src/cffi-abcl.abcl at line 8 (offset 577)
> #<THREAD "interpreter" {67D77351}>: Debugger invoked on condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR
>    We need maven-3.0.4 or later.
> Restarts:
>    0: RETRY           Retry compiling #<ASDF:MVN "jna" "net.java.dev.jna/jna/3.5.1">.
>
> Could we make do with maven 3.0.3?  (Upgrading to Oracle's jdk 1.7 causes other stuff to break on my machine, some of it work-related.)
>
> Rudi

Agreed that abcl "just working" on current OS X is a good thing to target.

quid pro quo: I'll take a look at [#268][] if you check out [#270][] for
fifteen minutes?  Partly, I'd like your take on how the current
ABCL-TEST-LISP suite works for you.  I suspect that some documentation
in this direction based on questions for you would be a good idea…

[#268]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/268
[#270]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/270

--

"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before, but there is
nothing to compare it to now."