[armedbear-devel] Is anybody interested in jfli-abcl?

Alessio Stalla alessiostalla at gmail.com
Mon May 28 10:18:28 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Alex Mizrahi <alex.mizrahi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also have my own hacked up version of jfli, if you want to have a look it
>> is here:
>
>> <https://github.com/mrohne/jfli>
>
> Works fine, thanks!
>
> So I think it would be great to include it into abcl-contrib to make
> it clear which version is maintained and working.
>
> But I think it's better to rename it back to jfli-abcl to avoid confusion.
>
> Also I've noticed that Ole removed new-class functionality, which is
> essentially a wrapper for java:jnew-runtime-class.
> I don't think we need new-class either, but included examples use it,
> so we need to add different examples.
> Or we can bring new-class back.
>
> What is the status of this ticket:
> http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/ticket/153
> If it still requires external lib then I guess we can live without it.

Some time ago I restored some runtime-class functionality: enough to
create a class, implement methods in Lisp, and add annotations. I
didn't announce it publicly because it's still missing important
features, like defining fields, constructors, call superclass
methods... if anyone is interested in contributing, we can discuss the
ideas I have. I intend to add what's missing eventually, but don't
expect it too soon.

The API is not the same, though I used the old one as inspiration. The
implementation is written in pure ABCL with no external dependencies,
using Erik's great class file writer (plus an addition of mine to
handle annotations).

Alessio