[armedbear-devel] Is anybody interested in jfli-abcl?

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Wed May 23 18:31:02 UTC 2012

On 5/23/12 3:06 PM, Alex Mizrahi wrote:
[…]
> As far as I can tell, jfli-abcl isn't currently maintained.
> But as I'm used to jfli-abcl I maintain my own version with some fixes.
>
> If there is any interest in jfli-abcl I could, perhaps,. publish my
> version and polish it a bit.
>
> (I'm personally not interested in new-class functionality which allows
> one to create Java class from Lisp.)
>
> (I've found this updated version:
> https://gist.github.com/avodonosov/abcl-idea/blob/master/src/abclidea/lisp/jfli-abcl/jfli-abcl.lisp

If jfli-abcl is pure Common Lisp, I offer to package it as a
ABCL-CONTRIB extension.  JSS is only one of the experiments in Java
syntax we would like to support in our aim to make the Bear
polymorphously perverse.

All one needs to do is create a toplevel ASDF definition in 'jfli.asd'
and move it into 'ABCL_ROOT/contrib/jfli/' in the build tree.

After recompiling, the source may be loaded into the running JVM via the
CL:REQUIRE mechanism:

	(require :abcl-contrib)
	(require :jfli)

Right now I'm really trying to triage stuff for [abcl-1.1.0][], but if
you gave me a patch to apply to [ABCL trunk][2], I could easily commit it.

[abcl-1.1.0]: http://trac.common-lisp.net/armedbear/milestone/1.1.0
[2]: http://code.google.com/p/abcl-dynamic-install/source/browse/