[armedbear-devel] compiling lisp files outside Java and calling it after with abcl

santi scarbonell at ono.com
Fri Mar 2 08:59:39 UTC 2012

Hi alessio,

All you say it's correct.

Babylon was developed in 90's using MCL (Machintosh Common Lisp) but an
internal readme says that it is portable to another lisp implementations:
MCL, Allegro, CLisp, CMU, AKCL.... That is why I try to use jlinker with
allegro or Jacol with CLisp, but always, people says "try working with ABCL
because there are a big community and working...." and is a very powerfull
tool to translate lisp to java. The documentation of Jacol or jlinker is
very poor. It's suppose that Babylon it's only work on MAC, but there are a
light version to work with SUN, and this is the version that I'm trying to
compile and this is why I'm trying to add a java interface like Swing or
AWT.

I attach Babylon, if anyone wants to try to compile with ABCL. The only
think to compile is in make.cl and make-sun.cl to put some paths to your
folders in your PC. For example in make.cl in the first line I put this to
compile in D:\ folder

	#-:MCL "D:\\Babylon\\"   ;;; <--- change the pathname string
here!!!!

If it's not possible to compile with ABCL, how do you try to do a
communication protocol? Some idea or example? Web Services....?

Thanks for your help