[armedbear-devel] asdf-jar on Windows

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Sun Jan 22 09:09:49 UTC 2012

22.01.2012, 12:54, "Mark Evenson" <evenson at panix.com>:
> On Jan 22, 2012, at 8:50 AM, Theam Yong Chew wrote:
>
>>  Hi devs,
>>
>>  I looked into the asdf jar loading mechanism in the contrib, and found
>>  that it doesn't work well on Windows (mainly pathname issues).
>>  Attached patch provides a suggested fix (please review).
>
> [Applied to trunk][r13795] after review and test under UNIX.  At least it doesn't break anything…
>
> Need to get my MSFT test environment a bit more in order
>
>>  Additionally, I think a suitable (OS portable?) argument for asdf-jar:package's
>>
>>       &key out #P"/var/tmp"
>>
>>  would be nice.
>
> Got an idea for a single string that would work everywhere?  Something
> like "./" *should* work, but it may not end up really being a temp
> space.  A better idea might be to query the underlying JVM as to
> what directory the temporary file creations routines use, and ape
> that.
>
> A conditional read macro at runtime to select "/var/tmp" or "c:/temp"?

So the jar's are unpacked into a temporary dir?

It would be good also to have a solution when fasls are loaded from
jar directly. It would require to present jar as a file system to lisp, so that
lisp functions merge-pathnames, open and others work on like
#P"jar://some/path/".

It will solve the with choosing right temporary directory and will
allow to load lisp code in environments where we don't have
writable file system at all - Google App Engine.

Of course, I realize it is probably a significant work of source to support this,
so it's just an idea rather than a "feature request".

Best regards,
- Anton